No formal qualifications are required however for any ocean passage more than 600 miles, we are asking that all crew have completed at least a 200 mile offshore sailing without seasickness.
We will organise 3 days of training to familiarise the crew with the yacht, safety equipment and procedures, and role on board. We also recommend you to complete an Offshore Safety and Sea Survival course before you go. Please contact us for further information.
During the passage, you will learn to master:
- Pilotage and offshore passage planning
- Watch systems and leading
- Boat handling in all conditions
- Sail planning and trim
- Safety equipment and procedures
- Offshore navigation and nautical charts
- Preparing for heavy weather
- Man overboard procedures
- Watch keeping/night passages
- Crew management and the role of the skipper
We will be 3 experienced professional sailors onboard who will gladly take your offshore sailing skills to the next level. We are here because we want to share our love of the open sea on one of the best ocean boats ever built.