The S&S Swan 65 is a timeless racing yacht with an impressive pedigree. A sister ship won the first Whitbread round the world race (now known as the Volvo Ocean Race) in the 1970s. But despite her age, the Swan 65 is still competitive with an IRC rating of 1.1. She is equipped with a complete racing sail wardrobe and is certified for category 1 ocean races.
- Doyle Stratis mainsail with 3 reef points.
- Hydranet Mizzen sail
- 1 Carbon headsail, #2 and #3 Hydranet headsails
- Carbon Code Zero from Hood
- Doyle Stratis yankee
- Carbon staysail
- A2 Assymmetric Spinnaker
- S1 and S2 Symmetric Spinnakers
- Mizzen Staysail (like a small assymetric on the mizzen)
Superbly equipped with modern instrumentation and route planning systems:
- B&G H5000 instrumentation with 7 displays
- B&G autopilot, Helm and navstation plotter
- Radios including HF, VHF, AIS, and hand-helds
- Iridium and Inmarsat Satellite systems
- Mast mounted 4G with Wifi - provides high speed data up to 30 miles offshore
- Predict Wind professional and Expedition route planning & navigation software
And, on offshore races you’ll race in comfort and safety with:
- Full category 1 ocean racing compliance
- 9 berths with full sprung mattresses
- Deep freezer and large galley with sufficient capacity to feed a racing crew very well!
And, although Eve is a classic yacht, we have a very competitive IRC rating so we can still win races and regattas
Ocean Races on Eve
- Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race: 25 Dec 2020 - 02 Jan 2021
- Sydney to Auckland Race: 26 Jan – 10 Feb 2021
Keen to do an offshore race on Eve that is not listed here? Contact us and we’ll see if we can fit it in.
Terms & Conditions
Long ocean passages and ocean races are inherently dangerous activities. We take great care to provide a well maintained and very safe boat and a very experienced crew. We also ensure that all crew are trained and familiar with safety equipment and procedures before every passage. However passages and races are undertaken at your own risk and all crew will be required to sign an online version of this disclaimer before embarking on a passage or race with us.