Sydney AUS to Bay of Islands NZ
This is the first of three legs on our journey from Sydney to Tahiti. Join us just for this leg or combine several or complete the full passage to Tahiti with us.
- Starting from CYCA, Sydney Harbour
- Finish at Bay of Islands
- Distance: 1,200 nm
- Duration: 10 days / 01 Mar –10 Mar
- Price: AUD 3,300 per person or AUD 14,000 for the yacht
- Our Crew: includes three experienced ocean sailors and a cook.
- Your Crew: up to 5 people with some offshore sailing experience.
- Includes 2 days pre-start training, full passage, safety gear, food.
- Excludes: fuel which will be recharged at cost (max $500pp)
Conditions in the Tasman Sea are likely to vary from light to strong, from running to beating, and from warm to freezing. A bit of everything means we are likely to put up and pull down every sail on the boat a few times. An awesome learning experience for those that want to build their passage making skills. And it’s finished off with a delightful cruise through the beautiful Bay of Islands.
Please arrive in Sydney on or before the 28th Feb. Our program starts with 2 days of skills and drills on Sydney Harbour. You will join us for a crew dinner ashore on the 28th. You are welcome to stay onboard from the date you arrive but if you plan to arrive prior to 28th Feb, you will need to arrange accommodation ashore.
We will aim to depart (subject to weather) on the 01st Mar 2020, after clearing customs at the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia (CYCA).
No formal qualifications are required however for the first two long ocean legs, we are asking that all crew have completed at least a 500 mile ocean passage without seasickness. We will organise 2 days of training to familiarise the crew with the yacht, safety equipment and procedures, and role on board. We also recommend you complete an Offshore Safety and Sea Survival course before you go. Please contact us for further information.
We will be 3 experienced professional sailors onboard who will gladly take your offshore sailing skills to the next level. We are here because we want to share our love of the ocean on one of the best ocean boats ever built.
Are you ready for a life changing adventure?
The other two legs on the Sydney to Tahiti adventure are:
- Leg 2 : Bay of Islands NZ // Gambier Island 3000 nm
- Leg 3 : Gambier Islands // Tahiti via Austral Islands 900 nm
We offer a 10% discount for the first 2 legs (so you’ll pay AUD 7,380 total) and 20% for all three legs (so you’ll pay AUD 8,840 total).