AIRLIE BEACH RACE WEEK / 05 AUG– 13 AUG 2020 / 9 DAYS / TRAINING & REGATTA
The race week is based out of Coral Sea Marina about 10 mins walk to the centre of Airlie Beach. The first race will start no earlier than 10:00 am on Friday 7th August 2020 and the last race of the series is scheduled for the morning of Thursday 13th August 2020.
Your experience onboard Eve will start on the 05 August 2020 with two days training in around the breathtaking islands of the Whitsunday Passage and in Pioneer Bay to give the crew a chance to familiarise themselves with the area, the boat and to settle into roles before the regatta. During the training days, you learn about race crew roles, practice the basics of sailing including main/mizzen/jib set, tack, gybe, reef, downwind pole, asymmetric/symmetric spinnakers packing, hoisting, trimming and mizzen staysail.
This regatta is open to everyone, including those with no previous experience. We usually have onboard 4 experienced sailors to provide you with expert advice and assistance, if required.
For more information visit: https://abrw.com.au/
- Regatta training: 05 and 06 August 2020
- Regatta: 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13 August 2020
- Late Lunch on the Lawn: 09 Aug 2020 (for those who are keen, tables are limited so book now on (07) 49 466 138 or email: email@example.com)
- Lay Day: 10 August 2020 : Trip to Hayman island
- Awards presentation: 13 August 2020
Our price and Inclusions:
- AUD$ 1,950.00 incl. GST and secure your place now for 50% deposit
- Experienced skipper and crew
- All yacht costs and Race entry fee and insurance
- 2 Days’ training
- Lunch and snacks on race days and training
- Racing shirt
Bookings for accommodation are recommended through the organisations listed under the “Accommodation” tab on the event website: https://abrw.com.au/airlie-beach-accommodation/