CYCA Summer Offshore Series
This three-race block was created by the CYCA, host of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race, to compensate on a very difficult 2020 year after many cancellations.
- 6 February 2021: Flinders Race: Starting on the Saturday at 09:55 AM, this 95nm race will start in Sydney Harbour, turn around Flinders Islet, located just outside of Port Kembla, some 40nm south and will see us finish back in Sydney. Estimated race time: 12h to 20h
- 20 February 2021 : 100nm Virtual Mark Race: Starting on the Saturday at 09:55 AM, this 100nm race will start in Sydney Harbour, turn around a laid mark 50nm offshore and will see us finish back in Sydney. Estimated race time: 12h to 20h
- 20 March 2021: Sydney Newcastle Race: Starting on the Saturday at 18:55 PM, this 95nm race will start in Sydney Harbour, turn around a mark located just outside of Newcastle, some 40nm north and will see us finish back in Sydney. Estimated race time: 12h to 20h
Your experience onboard Eve will start on Saturday preceding the race around the breathtaking Sydney Harbour to give you a chance to familiarise yourself with the area, the boat and to settle into roles before the regatta. During the training days, you learn about safety onboard, race crew roles, practice the basics of sailing including main, mizzen and jib set, tack, gybe, reef, downwind pole, asymmetric and symmetric spinnakers packing, hoisting, trimming and mizzen staysail.
Previous sailing experienced is preferred but not compulsory. We usually have onboard 4 professional sailors to provide you with expert advice and assistance, if required.
- You stay on board during the regatta so no need for hotels!
- Training day before the race starts
- Lunch and snacks on training days
- Skipper and professional race crew
- Race entry fee, safety gear and a Swanning Around crew shirt
- All meals onboard during races
Staying onboard before and after the race is possible but limited, please inquire as early as possible.
Secure your place on the crew with a 50% deposit.