HAMILTON ISLAND RACE WEEK / 14 AUG– 22 AUG 2020 / 9 DAYS / TRAINING & REGATTA
The race week is based on Hamilton Island in the Whitsunday Islands. The first race will start between 10:30 am and 11:30 am on Sunday 16th August 2020. You can fly into Hamilton Island directly or into Airlie Beach (Proserpine) and catch the ferry to Hamilton Island on the 14th August 2020.
Your experience onboard Eve will start with two days training in the Whitsunday Passage and the nearby islands to give the crew a chance to familiarise themselves with the area, the boat and to settle into roles before the regatta. During the training days, you learn about race crew roles, practice the basics of sailing including main/mizzen/jib set, tack, gybe, reef, downwind pole, asymmetric/symmetric spinnakers packing, hoisting, trimming and mizzen staysail.
This regatta is open to everyone, including those with no previous experience. We usually have 4 experienced sailors on board to provide you with expert advice and assistance, if required.
For more information visit: https://www.hamiltonislandraceweek.com.au
- Regatta training: 14 and 15 August 2020 / registration
- Regatta: 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22 August 2020
- Lay Day: 19 August 2020 (Optional cruising trip to Whitehaven Beach)
- Awards presentation: 22 August 2020
Our price and Inclusions:
- AUD$ 2,250.00 incl. GST. Secure your place on the crew now with a 50% deposit (10% reduction applies if you are a crew for the Sydney to Hobart Race).
- Experienced skipper and crew
- All yacht costs and Race entry fee and insurance
- 2 Days’ training
- Lunch and snacks on race and training days
- Racing crew shirt
Bookings for accommodation are recommended through the organisations listed on the event website: https://www.hamiltonisland.com.au/sports-events/hamilton-island-race-week/hot-deals