MAGNETIC ISLAND RACE WEEK /31 Aug - 08 Sep 2021 / 9 DAYS / TRAINING & REGATTA
The race week is based on Magnetic Island in North Queensland. The first race shall start no earlier than 11:00 am on 02nd Sep 2021 from outside Nelly Bay. You can fly into Townsville airport and catch the ferry to Magnetic Island on the 31st August 2021.
Your experience onboard Eve will start with two days training in the Cleveland Bay and nearby waters to give the crew a chance to familiarise themselves with the area, the boat and to settle into roles before the regatta. During the training days, you learn about race crew roles, practice the basics of sailing including main/mizzen/jib set, tack, gybe, reef, downwind pole, asymmetric/symmetric spinnakers packing, hoisting, trimming and mizzen staysail.
This regatta is open to everyone, including those with no previous experience. We usually have onboard 4 experienced sailors to provide you with expert advice and assistance, if required.
For more information visit: https://www.magneticislandraceweek.com.au
- Regatta training: 31 Aug and 01 Sep 2021 / registration
- Regatta: 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 September 2021
- Lay Day: 05 Sep 2021 with the option to cruise to Rattlesnake Island
- Awards presentation: 8 September 2021
Our price and Inclusions:
- AUD $1,950.00 incl. GST - Secure your place on the crew now with a 50% deposit (10% reduction applies if you are a crew for the Sydney to Hobart Race).
- Experienced skipper and crew
- All yacht costs and Race entry fee and insurance
- 2 Days’ training
- Lunch and snacks on race and training days
- Racing crew shirt
Bookings for accommodation are recommended through the organisations listed on the event website: https://www.magneticislandraceweek.com.au/island-info/accommodation/