Tahiti Pearl Regatta Week / 02 May – 10 May 2020
8 DAYS / TRAINING & REGATTA / 6 CREW POSITIONS AVAILABLE
The Tahiti Pearl Regatta is described as one of the most beautiful, festive, media covered regattas in the heart of French Polynesia, it gathers over 40 local and international teams, for 5 days of races and festivities.
The itinerary allows to discover the islands of Raiatea (the sacred island, which is also the Island of Sailing), Tahaa that share the same lagoon, and Bora Bora or Huahine alternately, one year on the other.
Race distances rarely exceed 20 nautical miles (aside from two open-ocean passages), making the Tahiti Pearl Regatta a favourite for sailors looking to develop their racing ability.
The racing in the day is complemented by evening entertainment on the islands, with Polynesian food, music, traditional dance performances and fire jugglers adding to the overall experience.
TAHITI PEARL REGATTA SCHEDULE
2nd of May: Welcome aboard!
Faa’a Airport is conviently located a quick 10 minutes drive from Marina Taina where Eve will be berthed (possibility to organise a shuffle, upon request).
3rd of May: Training Day 1 - Sail to Moorea
Moorea is the little sister Island of Tahiti, and only 10 miles sail.
We will go out early for a shake down sail and will then spend the night in a protected anchorage.
4th of May : Training Day 2 - Sail to Raiatea - Leeward Island
The Tahiti Pearl Regatta is held 90 miles away from Tahiti around the Leeward Island. As the name suggests, it’s a lovely downwind run in the warm tradewinds which Eve should cover in around 10 hours.
5, 6, 7, 8, 9th of May - Tahiti Pearl Regatta
The Race doesn’t actually kick of until the 7th, so we will most likely have a Layday upon arrival followed by a final training prior to the Race.
10th of May - Drop off in Raiatea
Fly back via Tahiti
EVE REGATTA PACKAGE
Every regatta or race has 2 days of training before the start of the race.
- 2 Training days before the Race starts
- Skipper and 2 or 3 experienced race crew
- Race entry fee -Safety equipment and daily boat costs
- Boat and P & I insurances
- 1 set crew shirts
- Minimum 6 and maximum 10 racing guests
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner water and soft drinks during inshore race and training days
- Water, soft drinks, tea and coffee
- Beer and wine upon arrival
- Guest accommodation during regatta’s
- Transfers, flights
- Personal travel insurance
- Extra Lay Day activity
- Social activities, drinks and food on shore
- Guest accommodation before the start of the training day
Contact us for more info