About the Yacht
First launched in 1972, the Swan 65 was the worlds largest GRP yacht. Designed to be a fast, strong and luxurious ocean racing yacht, the Swan 65 soon proved it’s pedigree by winning the first Whitbread around the world yacht race (now known as the Volvo Ocean race).
- 40 Hulls we built between 1972 and 1982. Our yacht, “Eve” is hull number 35 and was launched in 1981 and has been maintained to the highest standards.
- Still active and competitive in the racing circuit. Two swan 65’s (“Eve” and “Kings Legend”) raced in the 2015 Sydney to Hobart yacht race. Eve has a full wardrobe of racing sails (Doyle Stratis).
- Three double cabins (each with en-suite), a crew cabin, and a huge main saloon. Varnished teak throughout exudes classic charm but “Eve” also has a full complement of modern conveniences (air-conditioning, wi-fi, TV, 6-speaker stereo).
- Outdoors, “Eve” has a powerful twin mast sail plan and plenty of toys for a great regatta race. And in a few minutes she can be converted to provide shaded out-door dining and sun-lounger. Oh, and there’s a 25 hp tender and dive compressor for those that want to get under the water.
For Sparkman & Stephens Swan fans, here’s a link to the full high resolution original owners manual documents & diagrams
Offshore Experience - Mile builder
Offshore Challenge- Mile Builder onboard Eve- Swan65
Whether it’s a half day or full day on Sydney harbour, a trip up or down the coast, or a South Pacific adventure, cruising on a Swan 65 is the stuff that dreams are made of.
Sydney Harbour Ideas
- A big day out: Take Eve for a lunch cruise or twilight cruise or both! Learn the basics of sailing a large yacht and take the helm as we pass the bridge and opera house. Enjoy lunch on board, then stop to relax at one of the many beaches. Go for a swim around the boat and even try surfing behind our powerful tender. Alternatively, enjoy dinner and drinks as the sun sets.
- Team building: If you really want to build teamwork with your work team, there’s nothing like the co-ordinated effort needed to manage four sails and 18 winches as Eve tacks and gybes around the harbour! You’ll be talking about it for years. Most summer evenings also offer the opportunity to join a real twilight race with dozens of other boats.
- Christmas party: A little less work than team building and twilight racing, but still a fantastic team bonding opportunity, why not take Eve out for for your work team christmas party. Sailing, swimming, eating, drinking, and generally having a great time.
- All Sydney harbour private charters are charged at $2,400 for a half day cruise, and $4,000 for a full day.
A Bit Further Afield
- Check our cruising calendar and charter Eve for a few days or a week on one of our longer trips to North Queensland or the South Pacific.
- Private charters in the tropics are charged at $4,000 per day or $14,000 per week with a maximum of 7 guests.
Races and Regattas
“Eve” is 35 years old but still wins races. With an IRC rating under 1.1 she offers an extremely competitive platform for handicap racing.
- Ocean racing (the photo is Eve on the 2015 Sydney-Hobart race).
- Regatta racing. Not only is she likely to be the prettiest boat in any regatta, but our fantastic IRC handicap means you might find yourself on the podium too.
- Club racing. Come with us on a summer twilight or a winter afternoon. One of the best team building or client entertainment opportunities available!
- Yachting Australia category 1 safety rated and ready to compete in IRC, ORCi, or PHS classes.
Eve is starting a cruise around the World in March 2020
2020 South Pacific
- New Zealand
- Tahiti - and surrounds
- New Caledonia
- Papua New Guinea
2021 South East Asia
- Sri Lanka
2022 South Indian Ocean/South Africa
- Cape Town
- Rio de Janeiro