Security & Privacy
We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and, in particular, the 13 Australian Privacy Principles, which deal with the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mail, email and street addresses;
- telephone numbers;
- profession, occupation, job title and work history;
- bank details;
- photos and videos;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us, or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services, respond to your enquiries and generally to complete any commercial transaction between us;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through use of our website or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- information you provide to us through our customer surveys and/or visits by, or telephone calls from, our representatives from time to time.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions, and provide the best possible quality of customer service.We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for purposes including:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer your enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- for the administrative, and marketing (including direct marketing);
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you;
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our website may not be as enjoyable or useful;
- we may be unable to contact and/or pay you in respect of products or services you provide to us; or
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you where it is reasonable or practicable to do so, such as, for example, in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website;
- during conversations between you and our representatives;
- when you complete a contact form, subscribe to our mailing/marketing lists, agreement or related paperwork;
- cameras onboard;
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including SMS and email. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or required to be held by law. As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Therefore, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third-party website. Third-party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us in writing. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
ThreeSteps Pty Ltd T/AS “Swanning Around”
Level 3, 10 Hobart Place, Canberra, ACT 2601
+61 4 0391 5674