Rolex Fastnet Race 2023
AUD $9,500.00 / Race per person
EURO 6,200.00 / Race Per Person
FASTNET RACE 2023
In 2023 Eve will join the outstanding 500 boat fleet to take part in one of the worlds greatest races - the Rolex Fastnet Race. It will be the race’s 50th edition, as well as the 100th anniversary of the Royal Ocean Racing Club , so we can expect to see more classic yachts, Like Eve, taking part with ancient associations to what has grown into the world’s largest offshore yacht race. A race we are really looking forward to compete in !
The Fastnet yacht race involves very serious sailing in frequently heavy weather and so requires a safe yacht and competent crew. ‘Eve’ is an extraordinarily strong and safe yacht. Like all S&S Swan 65s, she was built to the highest standards for around-the-world racing and has already completed three circumnavigations.
Whether you’re looking to learn new racing skills or to tick off an item from your bucket list, this is an experience you don’t want to miss ! The race starts off the Royal Yacht Squadron start line of Cowes on the Isle of Wight on the south coast of England. Leaving the Solent, the race follows the southern coastline of England westward down the English Channel, before rounding Land’s End. After crossing the Celtic Sea, the race rounds the Fastnet Rock off the southwest coast of Ireland. Returning on a largely reciprocal course, the race rounds the Isles of Scilly before finishing at Cherbourg.
The training program:
The key to success in an event like this is preparation and teamwork, our 14-day program is designed to build a crew’s confidence as well as knowledge and experience to promote safe and successful experience. The program will include basic skills & safety, offshore passage making, and race training.
Learn to work in a watch system and race with broken sleep as you sail through the night. Everything will be about sail trim and making the boat go faster. Emphasis will also be placed on emergency routines, safety procedures and handling the yacht in tough offshore conditions to make sure the crew are familiar with the yacht and their role on board.
As a crew member, you will need to hold a Sea Safety Survival Certificate.
- Sail handling: The “drills and skills” module will be covering all the basics of sail handling, yacht racing and safety procedures. Training will be run in the Solent and surrounds just prior to the Race Week.
- If you are an experienced sailor that would like to join us for Fastnet , but cannot commit to the training, then please contact us to discuss alternatives.
- Pre-race training: 3 consecutive full days of training will take place, within the last week prior to the Fastnet Race, in the Solent.
Training Program :
Wednesday 29th of June
Meet crew and boat in La Trinite- France on the 29th, train 29th and 30th, with a Lay day on the 1st of July
Saturday 2nd of July
La Trinité to Cowes race - 350nm, qualifies the crew and the boat for the Fasnet race
Wednesday 5th of July
Coastal training in the Solent - Fastnet race start zone, lots of current and shifting wind, good opportunity after a medium ocean race to work on the tight manoeuvring and familiarise ourself with the area.
Friday 7th of July
Cowes to Dinars St Malo- France 150 miles accros the channel, part of the Bowl Trophy, best placed Swan in Cowes to Dinars and Fastnet Race
Sunday 9th of july to Tuesday 11 of July
Layday in St Malo
Wednesday 12th of July
Sail back to Cowes
IMPORTANT TRAINING - Saturday 14th to Tuesday 16th
Fine tuning with pro crew
Saturday 22nd - FASTNET RACE
Estimated time of arrival on the 27th in the morning in Cherbourg - France
- Pre Race training: Morgan Cup Race; Trinity Cowes race
- Race start: 22nd JULY 2023
- ETA Cherbourg: 27th JULY 2023
Our price and Inclusions:
- AUD$ 9,500.00 incl. GST (20% off for those that have raced with us before) - 50% is due when you book and will reserve your place. The remaining 50% is due 3 weeks prior to the Race.
- Professional skipper and crew
- All yacht costs and Rolex Sydney to Hobart Race entry fee
- Full provisions on board during racing and lunch whilst training
- Branded team polo and cap
- 5 Professional crew
Your crew package excludes: accommodation ashore, flights and transport to and from departure and arrival ports, alcohol, toiletries, wet weather gear, PLBs and AIS trackers . Its always recommended that you book flights with date flexibility in case of unforeseen changes due to weather or schedules.