The Rolex Middle Sea Race 2024
The race involves very serious sailing in tricky and changeable weather and so requires a safe yacht and competent crew. ‘Eve’ is an extraordinarily strong and safe yacht. Like all S&S Swan 65s, she was built to the highest standards for around-the-world racing and has already completed three circumnavigations.
Whether you’re looking to learn new racing skills or to tick off an item from your bucket list, this is an experience you don’t want to miss !
The start line is located in the centre of Grand Harbour, running from the Saluting Battery, just beneath the Upper Barrakka Gardens on the Valletta side, across to Fort St. Angelo in Birgu.
MAIN COURSE DISTANCES
- Grand Harbour, Valletta (start) - Capo Passero (Sicily) 55nm
- Capo Passero - Messina Strait (exit, Punta del Faro) 98nm
- Messina Strait - Strombolicchio 35nm
- Strombolicchio - Favignana (Egadi Islands)150nm
- Favignana - Pantelleria 74nm
- Pantelleria - Lampedusa 90nm
- Lampedusa - Comino 94nm
- Comino - Marsamxett Harbour (finish) 10nm
The training program:
The key to success in an event like this is preparation and teamwork, our 14-day program is designed to build a crew’s confidence as well as knowledge and experience to promote safe and successful experience. The program will include basic skills & safety, offshore passage making, and race training.
Learn to work in a watch system and race with broken sleep as you sail through the night. Everything will be about sail trim and making the boat go faster. Emphasis will also be placed on emergency routines, safety procedures and handling the yacht in tough offshore conditions to make sure the crew are familiar with the yacht and their role on board.
As a crew member, you will need to hold a Sea Safety Survival Certificate.
- Sail handling: The “drills and skills” module will be covering all the basics of sail handling, yacht racing and safety procedures. Training will be run in the Solent and surrounds just prior to the Race Week.
- If you are an experienced sailor that would like to join us for the Middle sea , but cannot commit to the training, then please contact us to discuss alternatives.
- Pre-race training: 3 consecutive full days of training will take place, within the last week prior to the Race Start.
Training Program :
Pre race training 3/4/5 sept in porto Cervo
Swan cup sardigna 11 to 18 of September
Delivery porto servo to St tropez - 200nm
St tropez classic week 27th of sept to 6th of oct
Delivery St tropez to Malta - 1000nm 7th till the 18th
Middle sea race 19th to 26th of October
CREW HOUSE - We will organise a house for the crew in Malta prior to the Race at an extra cost.
beginning of September to the end of October 2024
Our price and Inclusions:
- AUD$ 9,500.00 incl. GST (20% off for those that have raced with us before) - 50% is due when you book and will reserve your place. The remaining 50% is due 3 weeks prior to the Race.
- Professional skipper and crew
- All yacht costs and Rolex Middle Sea Race entry fee
- Full provisions on board during racing and lunch whilst training
- Branded team polo and cap
- 5 Professional crew
Your crew package excludes: accommodation ashore, flights and transport to and from departure and arrival ports, alcohol, toiletries, wet weather gear, PLBs and AIS trackers . Its always recommended that you book flights with date flexibility in case of unforeseen changes due to weather or schedules.