HAMILTON ISLAND RACE WEEK / 20 AUG– 28 AUG 2021 / 8 DAYS / TRAINING & REGATTA
The race week is based on Hamilton Island in the Whitsunday Islands. The first race will start between 10:30 am and 11:30 am on Sunday 22nd August 2021. You can fly into Hamilton Island directly or into Airlie Beach (Proserpine) and catch the ferry to Hamilton Island on the 20th August 2021.
Your experience onboard Eve will start with two days training in the Whitsunday Passage and the nearby islands to give the crew a chance to familiarise themselves with the area, the boat and to settle into roles before the regatta. During the training days, you learn about safety, race crew roles, practice the basics of sailing including main, mizzen and jib set, tack, gybe, reef, downwind pole, asymmetric and symmetric spinnakers packing, hoisting, trimming and mizzen staysail.
This regatta is open to everyone, including those with no previous experience. We usually have 4 professional sailors on board to provide you with expert advice and assistance, if required.
For more information visit: https://www.hamiltonislandraceweek.com.au
- Regatta training: 20 and 21 August 2021 / registration
- Regatta: 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28 August 2021
- Lay Day: 25 August 2021 (Optional cruising trip to Whitehaven Beach)
- Awards presentation: 28 August 2021
Our price and Inclusions:
- AUD$ 2,950.00 incl. GST. Secure your place on the crew now with a 50% deposit
- Professional skipper and crew
- All yacht costs and Race entry fee and insurance
- 2 Days’ training
- Lunch and snacks on race and training days
- Racing crew shirt
Bookings for accommodation are recommended through the organisations listed on the event website: https://www.hamiltonisland.com.au/sports-events/hamilton-island-race-week/hot-deals